To pay on your Flexpay account, click the button above.
What is FLEXPAY?
- FLEXPAY is a pay-before-consumption program and an alternative to traditional monthly billing that allows participants to determine how much (subject to minimum payment policy) and how often they pay.
The FLEXPAY program
- Provided by Southwest Tennessee Electric and Exceleron is an option for our members seeking an alternative to traditional electric service.
- Allows participants to avoid deposits and monthly bills, customize their payment schedule, purchase energy when convenient, and monitor their own consumption.
- Changes everything you know about electricity by providing real options for your unique situation
- Monitor & adjust how much energy you consume each day
- Allows you to pay for energy on your schedule and gives you the information to control your energy costs like never before.
- Purchase energy before you use it, just like putting gasoline in your car.
How the Plan Works:
- FLEXPAY is entirely optional.
- New or existing members may choose to participate in the prepay service.
- A minimum payment of $100 is required to create a FLEXPAY account.
- Existing members with account balances may utilize the debt-recovery program and have their power turned on immediately.
Pay as You Use
- As energy is consumed, the account balance is reduced until either the balance is exhausted or additional payments are made to the account.
- Participants may pay as much or as often as they wish, provided the account maintains a positive balance.
- Accounts with a negative balance are subject to immediate disconnection.
The Power of Information
- Be notified of low balance, daily balance, pending disconnect, disconnection, and reconnection via phone, email and/or text message or push notification.
- Check daily account balances on the MyUsage Website or the free MyUsage App.
- The App is avaliable for download from the App Store or Google play.
- You may also check your balance by calling 1-866-681-9447, visiting www.stemc.com, or visiting your local STEMC office.
- Prepay participants will not receive monthly statements in the mail.
Fees & Charges
- A monthly prepay fee of $5.00 will be added to all participating accounts.
- A security deposit will not be required.
- A minimum payment of $40.00 is required for payments made in the office.
- $20 minimum payments for online or telephone payments.
- There is no minimum payment when using any of our KioskPay Site machines.
- For your convenience, Kiosk payments may be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the following STEMC office locations:
- Atoka, Covington, Jackson, Brownsville and Henderson
- Payments may also be made at the Exxon/Tiger Mart in Whiteville 7 days a week from 6 am to 10 pm.
- All existing fees, rates, and charges continue to apply, including existing applicable energy charges and customer charges.
Disconnection occurs any time a credit balance is not present, regardless of notifications. In the event of disconnection, payment must be made for any unpaid daily charges accrued prior to disconnection; as well as payment to establish a minimum positive balance of $35.00, plus a $35.00 service fee.
A debt recovery payment amount will also be included if applicable.
The amount to reconnect will change daily because the daily charges will continue to accrue during disconnection.
If payment is received after 10 am on the second day an account is negative, a $35.00 service fee will be charged regardless of actual disconnection of service.